June is recognized as Pride Month across the United States, making it a time to celebrate and honor the LGBTQ+ community—and that’s no different in D.C. In fact, D.C. has been named the home of one of the top five pride celebrations in the U.S.! Below, we’ve gathered some of the best Pride events being held throughout the month, to help you celebrate!
- The official D.C. Latinx Pride Party: For the 17th annual D.C. Latinx Pride Party, BUNKER is hosting a 21 and over party starting at 10 p.m.
- Capital Pride Honors: The Capital Pride Alliance will honor activists and leaders in the DMV who have worked to advocate, educate, and head out reach for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Pride Night Out: Washington Nationals: Purchase a special ticket to the Nats game for Tuesday, June 6 and you’ll receive a free limited addition Pride “Nats Night Out” T-shirt. All ticket proceeds will be donated directly to Team D.C.
- Capital Pride’s Rooftop Pool Party: D.C.’s Capital Pride is hosting its annual Rooftop Pool Party at Penthouse Pool and Lounge in Navy Yard. Only for those 21 and older, the pool party will run from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Each ticket includes entry, poolside food and appetizers, and three drink tickets.
- Films on the Green D.C. – Pride Month Screening: Head to the Washington Monument for a special Pride Month screening of “Three Nights A Week.” This free film event will start at 9 p.m., so be sure to bring your own blankets and chairs!
- D.C. Front Runners 5K Pride Run: Join the D.C. Front Runners for their 11th annual Pride Run 5K at the Congressional Cemetery at 7 p.m. Post run, your $55 registration and participation is celebrated with a commemorative T-shirt and medal, as well as an afterparty featuring a DJ, drag performances, and beer/hard seltzer!
- RIOT! Opening Party: Capital Pride is kicking off the festivities with RIOT! an opening party for those 18+, featuring sensational drag performances and honoring the “awe-inspiring efforts of our ancestors” such as Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera following the 1969 raid on Stonewall Inn.
- Capital Pride Parade: D.C.’s annual Capital Pride Parade heads out at 3 p.m. from 14th and T Streets NW and will make its way 1.5 miles through the Logan and DuPont Circle neighborhoods, with participating bars and restaurants along the route before ending at 7:30 p.m.!
- Pride on the Pier Party: The Wharf is also celebrating pride with its fourth annual Pride on the Pier Party, featuring DJs, drag performances, cocktails, and fireworks! Running from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. attendance is free, though VIP tickets are available for purchase.
- Capital Pride Festival: Capital Pride Festival will take over Pennsylvania Avenue from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. The free festival features over 300 LGBTQ+ exhibits, including organizations, LGBTQ+ businesses, and a variety of activities. A complete list of participating businesses and activities can be found here.