Happy Pride Month!
June’s Pride Month is recognized across the world as a time to celebrate and recognize the LGBTQ+ community — and that’s no different in D.C. In fact, D.C. has been named home of one of the top five pride celebrations in the United States. Below, we’ve gathered some of the best events being held throughout the month, to help you celebrate!
- The official D.C. Latinx Pride Party: With a Sweet-16 theme, the Howard Theatre is hosting an 18 and over Latinx Pride Party starting at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $20-$75.
- Capital Pride’s Rooftop Pool Party: D.C.’s Capital Pride is kicking off Pride Weekend with a Rooftop Pool Party at the VIDA Penthouse Pool, full with cocktails and food. Only for those 21 and older, the pool party will run from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., with tickets costing $10+.
- D.C.’s Dyke March 2022: D.C. hosted the first Duke march in the U.S. in 1993, and the event is still going strong. This year, D.C.’s Dyke March theme is Body Liberation: Hands Off Our Bodies — reflecting a pro-abortion and pro-gun control sentiment. The free march will begin at McPherson Square at 6 p.m.
- RIOT!: Capital Pride’s official Opening Party, RIOT! will be hosted at Echostage, featuring LGBTQ+ performers, such as RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13 winner SYMONE, from 9:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. Tickets are $35+.
- Capital Pride Weekend Drag Brunch: In partnership withTito’s and Ommegang Brewery, the Hamilton Live will be hosting an all-you-can-eat drag brunch starting at 10:30 a.m. Tickets are $55+ and cocktail sales from the event will be donated to the DC Pride Alliance and the Cyndi Lauper Foundation.
- Capital Pride Parade: D.C.’s annual Capital Pride Parade heads out at 3 p.m. from 14th and T Streets NW and will make its way 1.5 miles through the Logan and DuPont Circle neighborhoods, with participating bars and restaurants along the route! Ending at 7:30 p.m., City Winery will be hosting the official afterparty!
- Pride on the Pier Party: The Wharf is also celebrating pride with its third annual Pride on the Pier Party, featuring DJs, cocktails, and fireworks! Running from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. attendance is free, though VIP tickets are available for purchase.
- Capital Pride Festival: Capital Pride Festival will take over Pennsylvania Avenue from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. The free festival features over 300 LGBTQ+ exhibits, including organizations, LGBTQ+ businesses, and a variety of activities. A complete list of participating businesses and activities can be found here.
ALL OF JUNE
- Pride Family Zone: The Smithsonian American Art Museum is celebrating Pride Month all of June with its virtual Pride Family Zone. Free and family-friendly, the Smithsonian offers a bevy of activities and educational resources on the history of LGBTQ+ communities and rights in the U.S.
- As You Are.: D.C.’s bar As You Are. is a queer-owned cafe and bar in Southeast that acts as a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community and allies. Through Pride Month, the bar will be hosting a variety of events, including a Stonewall Democrats Candidate Forum, an As You Aren’t Mixer, Drag Show & Tea Party, and more.