Five Metro Stations in the DMV are being officially renamed on Sunday, Sept. 11.
The five newly-named stations—ranging from Maryland to Virginia—are:
- White Flint will be renamed North Bethesda.
- Largo Town Center will be renamed Downtown Largo.
- Tysons Corner will be renamed Tysons.
- Prince George’s Plaza will be renamed Hyattsville Crossing.
- West Falls Church will have its secondary name of VT/UVA renamed to VT.
The new names will immediately be updated on all digital displays of the stations and lines. However, “static maps” will be changed gradually “once new Silver Line stations and Potomac Yard Station open for passenger service,” according to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA).
The WMATA said the name changes are meant to reflect the “revitalized neighborhoods.”