Night owls and early birds can now travel for cheap thanks to Amtrak’s new “ultra-low ‘Night Owl Fares.'”
Amtrak’s latest promotion offers discounted one-way coach tickets on select Northeast Corridor routes during off-peak hours, with prices ranging from $5-$20!
“This is a great option for travelers returning from concerts, plays, sporting events or those who prefer late or earlier departures,” Amtrak said in a press release.
The promotion applies to select city pairs—including Washington, D.C., New York, Baltimore, and Philadelphia—for trains departing between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. However, there is a limited availability of these discounted tickets and the frequency of departing trains during these times.
But with price reductions like these, the tickets are worth trying to get!
Take a sneak peek below of Amtrak’s sample fairs by destination and what can be expected on the ride:
Sample One-Way Coach Fares To/From:
- New York – Washington, D.C.: $20
- New York – Baltimore/BWI: $15
- Washington, D.C. – Newark/Newark Liberty: $15
- New York – Philadelphia: $10
- New York – Wilmington: $10
- Philadelphia – Washington, D.C.: $10
- Washington, D.C. – Wilmington $10
- Philadelphia – Baltimore/BWI: $5
- New York – Newark/Newark Liberty: $5
- Washington, D.C. – Baltimore/BWI: $5
What to Expect Onboard
- Large comfortable leather seats with plenty of space and legroom to stretch out or curl up.
- No Middle Seats – ever.
- Free WiFi and power outlets at your seat.
- Bring up to four bags free – yes, two personal items and two bags – for free.
- Easy downtown-to-downtown service.
- Arrive at the station minutes, not hours, before departure for quick and easy boarding.
- Looking to rest along the way? Grab a seat in the quiet car.