Mondays aren’t so bad when the week to come is filled with nothing but fun! Here are some of the best things to do in D.C. this week:
1-2. Catch a concert at your favorite local venue
- The Anthem: Father John Misty (Sept. 20)
- 9:30 Club: MUNA (Sept. 20)
3. Get some exercise and entertainment with WalkingTown D.C.
This nine-day program—running Sept. 17-25—aims to exemplify D.C.’s sights, neighborhoods, history, and walkability with a number of themed and guided walking tours!
4. Get in on the drama with Theatre Week
TheatreWashington is ushering the new season of plays and musicals in style with D.C.’s Theatre Week. From Sept. 22 through Oct. 9, numerous D.C. theatres and companies are offering free and discounted shows and events to preview the upcoming season!
5-8. Visit one of these stunning art exhibits
D.C. is home to over 70 museums, including 19 free Smithsonian museums and galleries, each boasting numerous must-see exhibits! Here are a few you want to be sure to catch this September:
- Hirshhorn Museum: Put It This Way: (Re)Visions of the Hirshhorn Collection
- Renwick Gallery: This Present Moment- Crafting A Better World
- National Gallery of Art: The Double: Identity and Difference in Art since 1900