Mother’s Day is just around the corner (literally, it’s tomorrow!) and you may be looking for a last-minute way to celebrate the mother, or mother-figure, in your life. Luckily, we’ve got you covered!
Take her to brunch
A number of D.C. restaurants are offering brunch specials and take-home offers on this special day — from upscale establishments to low-key cafes. So if you’re looking to take your mom out to brunch to celebrate, there are endless possibilities! Here are a few local favorites that can help you celebrate!
- Call Your Mother Deli Catering in Park View: Brunch Box
- Kingbird at the Watergate Hotel: Brunch and High Tea
- Farmers & Distillers: Buffet Brunch or Take Home
- Unconventional Diner: Brunch (with a kid’s menu!)
- Gravitas: Family-friendly Brunch at a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Cafe Georgetown: Beautiful, low-key atmosphere with coffee and pastries
Go on a tour
Looking for something a bit more interactive? Try taking a garden and house walking tour, giving you the perfect chance to take in the sights and chat with your mom!
- Capitol Hill Restoration Society Mother’s Day House & Garden Tour
- Tudor Place’s Mother’s Day Tea and Tour
Enjoy an interactive experience
Whether you’re immersed in floor-to-ceiling art replications or dancing to Regency-era music in a gown, you’ll be engrossed in a fun, interactive experience neither of you will forget!
- Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience
- The Queen’s Ball: A Bridgerton Experience
- Artechouse’s Pixelbloom