Just slightly over 2-hours from D.C. is the monstrous outdoor waterpark, Water Country USA in Williamsburg, Virginia. Every water slide, game, and splashing activity you could imagine exists at this park. From a 23,000-square-foot pool to the Jet Scream slide designed only for the brave of heart.
The Jet Scream draws riders at heart-stopping rates of 25 miles per hour on a 400-foot spiral. For those who prefer less adrenaline and more relaxation, the Hubba Hubba Highway, aka: Water Country USA’s “lazy river,” travels at slow speeds for 1500 feet so you can breathe easy.
The rankings were released by USA Today whose travel experts compiled a list of 20 nominees based on customer feedback and experience. The list was then voted on by thousands of USA Today readers to determine which 10 waterparks would rank as the 10 best outdoor waterparks in America.
USA Today wrote of Water Country USA:
Welcome to Virginia’s largest water park, where little ones enjoy colorful oases like Cow-A-Bunga and the space-themed H2O UFO interactive water playground, while the big kids (adults included) feed their need for speed on serious drop slides like Vanish Point. On Jet Scream, single riders soar on 400-foot flumes, reaching speeds of 25 miles per hour.
Water Country USA is located at Busch Gardens, in Williamsburg, Vriginia is owned and operated by SeaWorld! It ranked number 8 on the list of 10:
- Aquatica Orlando – Orlando, Florida
- Splashin’ Safari – Santa Claus, Indiana
- Lost Island Waterpark – Waterloo, Iowa
- Island H2O Water Park – Kissimmee, Florida
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort – New Braunfels – New Braunfels, Texas
- Cedar Point Shores Waterpark – Sandusky, Ohio
- Adventure Island – Tampa, Florida
- Water Country USA – Williamsburg, Virginia
- Hurricane Harbor New Jersey – Jackson, New Jersey
- Cowabunga Bay Water Park – Henderson, Nevada
Find Water Country USA at 176 Water Country Pkwy, Williamsburg, VA 23185